Monday 12 March 2012

First Post

Hey guys, I am Aurora from Aurora's Page. Well, the other day I was talking to my friend, bestie of sorts Anvita Dulluri from At the Quill's End... . She is an amazing blogger and writer. So the discussion that sprang up was "Our childhood books". And immediatly she said "Harry Potter". I am ashamed. Harry Potter wasn't my childhood, guys. But there were books better. Books that took my imagination to a level that I could never again step down. Books that filled my childhood with a joy that it could compare to nothing.

Basically, it started with Famous Five. I received the books from my elder brother and I was like "What a bunch load of crap!!" Anyway, during the summer holidays of my second class, I started reading and did I stop? No! You can't stop. That's how brilliant the books are. I loved Blyton so much, I insisted my sister on giving me her Malory Tower series and I ate the books. I finished each book in three days and I wanted more. It became an unquenchable thrist.

My father then being the awesome guy that he is, got me classics. The Hunch Back of Notre Dame (which by the way, the disney version? What the ...!?!) David Copperfield, Huckleberry Finn, Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables, Tom Sawyer, A Tale of Two Cities etc. Though a few of them were heavy reads for a fourth class girl, I managed. I read them even now to grasp the essence.

Then entered my life, the awesome Nancy Drew and Goosebumps. They gave me the chills. I solved Nancy's adventures with her and shed tears at goosebumps.

Later I moved on to comics like Tarzan, Phantom, Batman, Justice League (Green Latern <3) Batman and Wonderwoman etc... My favorite comics, I still remember were Powerpuff Girls.

I then read Noddy(though I was quite old then) Secret Seven, St.Claires, Amelia Jane etc.

And then I grew up and moved on Harry Potter and Twilight and what not!

But the books that I read when I was young have always made a very very deep impact on me. They remain like scars on a warrior's chest. Wonderful, wonderful, blessed with brown pages.

No comments: