Wednesday 18 April 2012

Brick Castles


So forget it. There is no turning back. I have built a castle around us.
It surrounds us. Brick by brick, I slowly built. No fire, no rain will bring us down.
Claustrophobic, maybe, your mind but catastrophic is my love.
Gentle tidal waves crash against our broken strings,
You, my Moon, still smiling.
I don't want you to come crawling back to me,
but it would be nice.
I don't want us to "Stop, drop and roll"
But I would set fire to see what could happen.
And those little things I did,
those little meals I cooked,
I cooked myself to you each time. A little of myself.
You are not the vegetarian you claim to be, after all.

I will free the Devil if God asks me to,
but I would trap God in our sticky web if you wanted.
I'm not an atheist but with you, there is no God.
I'm not a violent person but with you, I'd fight wars.

I wake up and pray myself unto you, each morning,
pray myself, onto you.
I shake the universe, wake up!
I'm still here, hanging to the past,
hanging, handing. I'm scared...
I'm scared that if I let go, I'll fall somewhere I don't want to.
So I cling. I am a creeper and you are the pole,
you are the pole. Six feet tall.
You are the pole built into our brick wall.

I trip on stones I never knew existed until now.
Huge ones. Boulders. I crash and yet I move to find a way,
a way to you. It's the Road Not Taken.
Guess you've built a wall.

Well then, break it down.
Come crawling back, you slimy pest.
Don't you see how miserable I've become.
I haven't cooked, I write wasted rhymes. For what?!
For you!?

I've cried enough, I don't have enough tissues,
lend me your towels. I can't promise to bring them back.
I've cried enough, my eyes are wet,
blow me to life. 

It's so hard to say goodbye, I'll admit..
but a few have to be said.
I have built, for you, castles in mid air,
I forgot to lay the basic foundation, I was misled.

2 comments:

Rohini said...

I like this! :)

Ghadeer said...

A lot of emotion beautifully explained :)